Information Analysis Centers (IAC) are government organizations regulated by DoD Instruction 3200.12; DoD Scientific Technical Information (STI) Program (STIP), dated 22 August 2013; and DoD Instruction 3200.14, Vol. 1, Principles and Operational Parameters of the DoD Scientific and Technical Information Program: General Processes, dated 12 March 2014 and DOD Manual 3200.14, Vol. 2, Principles and Operational Parameters for the DoD Scientific and Technical Information Program: Information and Analysis Centers (IAC), dated 5 January 2015.
Policy oversight of the IACs is provided by the Assistant Secretary of Defense for Research and Engineering (ASD(R&E)). Administrative and operational management is provided by the Defense Technical Information Center (DTIC). Technical management is provided by an appointed Contracting Officer's Representative (COR).
The IAC Program Management Office (PMO) is the information and management hub of the IACs, providing a central point of contact for general questions about the IAC program. For information regarding a particular technology area, please contact the IAC covering that particular area.
The IAC PMO:
- Provides IAC users with a central point of contact for the overall IAC program
- Assists IACs and users in collecting, analyzing, and disseminating information
- Supports the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) by providing broad IAC program oversight, identifying and resolving policy issues, and developing mechanisms and programs to bring IAC products and services to DoD components
- Provides contract management and specific administrative guidance for the IACs, whose basic operations are funded in part by DTIC
- Serves as the focal point for organizations requiring IAC services
- Monitors IAC operations, ensuring activities conform to purposes and objectives of the DoD IAC program
- Provides continuous support to DoD and related U.S. government technical communities
The IAC PMO serves as an integral part of IAC activities by:
- Managing IAC contracts
- Overseeing IAC operations
- Promoting IAC products and services
- Providing administrative guidance
- Requesting procurements
- Reviewing Core Analysis Tasks (CAT)
- Reviewing Technical Area Tasks (TAT)