Subject Matter Expert Program (SME)
CSIAC SME Program
CSIAC’s Subject Matter Expert (SME) Program is comprised of a diverse group of Information Assurance (IA)/Defensive Information Operations (DIO) professionals from academia, Department of Defense (DoD), Government Agencies, research and development (R&D) institutions, and industry. The SME Program is a voluntary effort that requires a nominal time commitment. SMEs are an essential resource to CSIAC’s core operations and the DoD Research and Engineering (R&E) community.
Why become a SME?
- Priority Authorship Status—Looking to get published? As an CSIAC SME, you will get priority article selection in CSIAC’s premier publication, the IAnewsletter.
- Recognition—Once a year in the IAnewsletter, your name will be listed among other elite IA/DIO professionals.
- Promotional Opportunities—Do you have an event, program, or paper that you would like advertised to the IA/DIO community? By signing up to be an CSIAC SME, your events, programs, and papers may be included in CSIAC’s various promotional materials (DIO Calendar, IA Digest, IAnewsletter, and the CSIAC Web site).
- Access to Information—CSIAC has a wealth of IA/DIO-related information and research. We will provide you access to our collection of Scientific and Technical Information (STI). Just let us know what topics you are interested in and we will find it for you.
CSIAC SMEs are utilized as resources in the following areas
- Technical Inquiries—CSIAC receives over 150 IA/DIO-related technical inquiries per year from DoD and government. CSIAC uses its SMEs as a resource to help DoD and government answer inquiries, by providing point of contact information to the requestor and/or contacting the SME for further details.
- STI—To support the advancement of science and technology, the Defense Technical Information Center (DTIC) has chartered CSIAC (DoD Instruction 3200.14, May 13, 1997 and DoD Directive 3200.12, February 11, 1998) to collect STI, which includes technical papers, electronic data, audio, photographs, video, briefings, etc. The continuous flow of STI from SMEs to the CSIAC STI collection has had a significant and successful impact benefiting your IA/DIO community. The value of SME input to the CSIAC STI collection is immeasurable and CSIAC continues to request that you submit your technical accomplishments to share with the IA/DIO community.
To become an CSIAC SME
- Complete the SME application please contact:
SME Program Manager