DTIC serves as a vital link in the transfer of information among DoD personnel, Non-DoD Government personnel, and current and potential industry contractors. Categorized as a DoD Field Activity under the Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition, Technology and Logistics (AT&L), DTIC reports to the Assistant Secretary of Defense for Research & Engineering ASD(R&E).
- Accelerate delivery of technical capabilities to win the current fight.
- Prepare for an uncertain future.
- Reduce the cost, acquisition time and risk of our major defense acquisition programs.
- Develop world class science, technology, engineering, and mathematics capabilities for the DoD and the Nation.
- Serves as the central collection and dissemination point for DoD’s scientific reports – over 2 million collected since DoD’s inception, with an annual acquisition of over 25,000 – 30,000 new reports. Ongoing and planned Research and Development (R&D) project information is garnered from the DoD community, industry and academia.
- Oversees the management of 10 DoD Information Analysis Centers (IACs) that are tasked to provide technical and analytical services to areas of critical DoD interest.
- Provides Web services to over 100 Web sites, including various DoD sites related to research and development.
IAC customers include researchers, engineers, scientists, and program managers from DoD, government, industry and academia. You are eligible for IAC services if you are:
- An employee of a DoD organization (civilian and military, including National Guard and Reserves on active duty), a DoD contractor or potential DoD contractor
- An employee or contractor supporting another U.S. Federal Government agency
- A researcher of a university or college funded by DoD or a U.S. Federal Government agency for conducting research throughout the U.S.
- A participant in the Small Business Innovative Research or Small Business Technology Transfer (SBIR/STTR) program
- A faculty member, staff member, or student of a Historically Black Colleges and University (HBCU), Hispanic Serving Institutions (HSI), Tribal Colleges and Universities (TCU) or other Minority Institutions (MI)