For DoD customers, DTIC accepts funding via Military Interdepartmental Purchase Request (MIPR). Your MIPR must include the amount of funding you are putting on contract (incremental funding is accepted for IAC contracts), as well as the Customer Shared Direct Cost (see "How to Calculate a MIPR" section below). Below you will find the necessary information when submitting a MIPR to send to DTIC. Meeting these requirements will ensure that your MIPR is processed in a timely manner.
Click the image below to view or print in pdf format.
How the Process Works:
Once you, the customer, submit your MIPR, DTIC will send an acceptance to your organization and forward the MIPR to ESG/PKS (the DTIC contracting office). ESG/PKS will then place the funds on contract and send a copy of the contract document to DTIC and to your organization.
Using the Sample MIPR as a guide, please follow the instructions below to create your MIPR:
- Indicate whether you want your MIPR accepted Cat I (Reimbursable) or Cat II (Direct Cite).
- Verify your MIPR calculation breakdown is correct using the current rate of 1.00%.
- Itemize the costs of the MIPR on two lines in the Description Section (box 9b). Line one should show the IAC TAT funds and line two should show the DTIC Customer Shared Direct Costs (CSDC).
- Verify the complete IAC Contract number is present. Click here to find your IAC Contract number.
- Verify the CORRECT TAT/ RMS Number. Click here to find your TAT number, RMS number and DO number.
- Verify your line of accounting (LOA) is VALID and CORRECT.
- Verify your agency’s BPN/DODAAC/DUNS number is present on the MIPR.
- Verify TAT ceiling, period of performance, and obligation dates are valid and current.
- State your agency’s Financial POC and the Technical POC that’s associated with the MIPR.
- Please make sure your MIPR is clear and legible.
- Sign and date the MIPR.
- If you have questions about how to send your MIPR, please contact us at IAC-MIPR@dtic.mil
Important DTIC Information
Top 10 Common Errors When Submitting a MIPR
- Please send all MIPRs to IAC-MIPR@dtic.mil.
- DTIC will accept all MIPRs CAT I (Reimbursable) unless otherwise stated.
- Do NOT submit a prior year MIPR amendment as an upward adjustment . For
example, if you submitted MIPR number MIPR09123456 to DTIC in FY12 for
$100K, you may not submit MIPR number MIPR09123456 to DTIC in FY13 as an increase
of $50K. You must start the fiscal year with a new MIPR number/BASIC MIPR.
- Do NOT use the same MIPR number for multiple contracts. For example, if you submitted MIPR number MIPR09123456 to us for SENSIAC, you may not submit MIPR09123456 Amd 1 to us for SURVIAC. You must use a new MIPR number.
- Any MIPR submitted CAT I (Reimbursable) can only have a MAXIMUM one (1) line of accounting.
- DTIC’s Buyer Seller Code (BSC) is B8M.
- DTIC's DODDAC is HJ4702
Incorrect MIPRs significantly impact our ability to get funding on contract quickly; in order to avoid errors, please use the MIPR Checklist and reference the Sample MIPR. The following are the 10 most commonly noted errors:
- There is NO indication of whether the MIPR should be accepted CAT I (Reimbursable) or CAT II (Direct Cite).
- There are NO itemized dollar amounts (breakout) for the TAT and Customer Shared Direct Cost.
- An INCORRECT TAT number or NO TAT number present on the MIPR.
- The MIPR has NO BPN/DoDAAC/DUNS number present.
- The MIPR does not state the contract number.
- The Requesting Activity's line of accounting (LOA) is INCORRECT or INCOMPLETE.
- No Financial or Technical POC information present on MIPR.
- MIPR is not legible.
- Grand Total for the MIPR series is incorrect.
- MIPR is not signed, dated, or addressed to DTIC.
What is Customer Shared Direct Cost (CSDC)
The Customer Shared Direct Cost (CSDC) is not a fee paid to DTIC. CSDC is the additional amount paid by customers for MIPR processing and accounting support, contracting office support, and program management support directly related to supporting customer-funded efforts (Technical Area Tasks, Core Analysis Tasks, etc.). CSDC is used to pay for the direct costs associated with running the IAC program and does not include any indirect costs. Currently, the Customer Shared Direct Cost (CSDC) rate is 1.00%. Please include 1.00% in your MIPR submission to DTIC.
DTIC’s CSDC is assessed each year by the IAC Reimbursable Review Board in consultation with the General Counsel and the OUSD Comptroller and will be adjusted yearly, therefore the CSDC rate may fluctuate during the course of the delivery order. At no time should it be expected that the CSDC is 0% for the life of the project.
How to Calculate a MIPR
MIPRs submitted to DTIC should contain a total of two amounts: IAC TAT Funds and the DTIC Customer Shared Direct Cost. When calculating the amount to send to DTIC, start by using the amount you wish to add to the IAC contract (Note: Only WHOLE DOLLAR AMOUNTS can be added to contract). Multiply this contract amount by 1.0 + the CSDC rate to get the Total MIPR Amount. For example, the FY13 customer shared direct rate is 1.00%. Using 1.00%, the calculation would be:
$150,000.00 to be added to SV-09-0038 for contractor support.
$150,000.00 x 1.0100 = $151,500.00 (total amount on MIPR)
IAC TAT Funds: $150,000.00
1.00% DTIC Customer Shared Direct Cost: $1,500.00
BPN (Customers): https://dodaac.wpafb.af.mil/bpn/bpnsearch.cfm
Dun and Bradstreet DUNS: http://www.dnb.com/us
TPN or TPC: http://www.psc.gov/administrative/casu/rmrc/customers/tradingpartners.html